Lindsey Berkowitz

Berkowitz, LindseyHey everyone! My name is Lindsey Berkowitz and I am a student in the Bachelor of Health Science program, in hopes of becoming an Occupational Therapist. I’m from Orlando, Florida and as most people assume, I do actually live next to Disney World. After I graduate the BHS program, I’m hoping to continue at UF and earn my Doctorate in Occupational Therapy.

I chose Occupational Therapy because I love the idea of forming a relationship with my patients and getting to see their progress. I also like how Occupational Therapy is more holistic and considers how to improve all aspects of someone’s life. I think I’d like to work in a hospital setting and also work with kids. The hospital environment is so fast-paced and unique every day, and I’ve always known I wanted to work with children. I know this profession will keep me on my toes, which is really the kind of work I’m looking for.

Over the summer I began volunteering with the Rehab Services through UF Health Shands Hospital and I’ve continued volunteering in the fall semester. I love gaining exposure in the field and all of the therapists have been so eager to answer my endless questions. I’m also involved in SOTA here at UF, which is the Student Occupational Therapy Association. It’s been such a great way to meet new friends in my field and volunteer with events around the Gainesville community! More recently, I became involved in LEAP, the mentorship program for PHHP. I’m super excited to meet some more people in the PHHP community, and also get to know my new mini me!

Besides school, I love spending time with my friends and making an unhealthy amount of Nestle toll house cookies with my roommate. I also can’t resist a beach trip and love that Florida has beach weather 10/12 months of the year. Around UF, I like going to football games, meeting new people, and collecting as many free t-shirts as possible. I have loved everything about my UF experience so far, and I’m so excited to see where the next few years take me!