Kendall Robinson

Kendall Robinson

Hello everyone! My name is Kendall Robinson and I am a fourth-year in the Bachelor of Health Science program. I am hoping to continue my studies after I graduate to become a provider and conduct research. I am originally from Orlando, FL so I am an avid Disney lover! I enjoy reading fiction novels during my free time and spending time with my cat, Cinnamon.

I knew from the time I started at the University of Florida that I wanted to pursue a career in healthcare. I have a wide variety of interests related to different careers in healthcare, including public health, infectious diseases, women’s health, and psychology. While I am still working to figure out exactly how I want to continue my education past my Bachelor’s degree, I am excited to pursue a career in medicine and play a role in improving our healthcare system.

During my first year, I joined the FEAR Lab through the Department of Psychiatry and have been assisting with research surrounding anxiety and OCD, primarily in children. Along with Dr. Andrea Guastello, I am in the process of conducting my Honors Thesis surrounding the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on the mental health of undergraduate students. I have learned a lot about the research process and have enjoyed the experience of conceptualizing my research study. This experience has shaped my desire to incorporate research into my future career. 

I am also currently serving as a Co-Director of the University Liaison Council through the Center for Undergraduate Research Board of Students. I previously served as the liaison for the College of Pharmacy during my third year where I helped to create resources and host a Pharmacy Night event to promote research to undergraduate students within the college. I have now taken on more of an administrative and leadership role within the organization where I oversee the progress of current liaisons across all 16 colleges at UF. This has been an incredible experience for me to grow as a leader and further research to students at the university. 

I am also an active member of Omega Phi Alpha Service Sorority and seek to promote service to the University Community, the Community-at-Large, the Members of the Sorority, and the Nations of the World. I am currently serving on the Standards Board which has been an excellent experience for me to further my leadership skills. I have previously served as the New Member Educator and a member of the Service Board as well throughout my time with the organization. I have loved getting to incorporate my passion for service throughout our community with the sisterhood aspect of a sorority.

The Bachelor of Health Science program has been crucial in developing my interests within the healthcare field and introduced me to so many new topics and issues within our healthcare system. Through this college, I was given many opportunities for professional development by serving as a mentor to a student interested in the Bachelor of Health Science program and by learning more about leadership and presentation skills. The support I have received within the College of Public Health and Health Professions has been immensely helpful throughout my academic journey.

I am incredibly glad that I was able to be a part of the Bachelor of Health Science program and I strongly recommend that anyone interested in a healthcare career applies to this program! If anyone has any questions feel free to reach out to me at kendall.robinson@ufl.edu. Go Gators!