University Scholars Program
The purpose of the University Scholars Program is to introduce University of Florida undergraduate students to the exciting opportunities of working closely with UF faculty to pursue fundamental research and scholarly activities, thereby gaining valuable insight into how new knowledge is created and developed and how existing knowledge is focused on important problems.
A competition is held each spring within participating colleges for the University Scholars awards that includes a $1750 stipend. The program will consist of undertaking a full research project, under the guidance of a faculty member. The University Scholars Program serves as an exceptional capstone to the academic careers of UF students. Only 200 students from all disciplines are selected through a competitive process to participate in this program.
$1,750 for Students
($750 at the beginning of Fall, $1,000 at the end of Spring).
$500 for Mentor
Mentor will receive a stipend paid through the department fiscal contact to be used in support of student research.
Must not graduate before May 2025
Work with a PHHP faculty
Be in good standing with the University and undergraduate program
Submit application to College representative
Submit application as 1 PDF titled applicant’s last name_first name in the following order:
- Complete Center for Undergraduate Research Application. If the document is not editable, please try the application in another browser or contact Dr. Rawlinson for an editable version. Handwritten applications will not be accepted.
- A one page (maximum) statement describing the (a) purpose/rationale for the study; (b) description of the study/project (including anticipated methodology); and (c) how the applicant hopes to benefit from the experience
- A letter of support from the PHHP faculty mentor who you will work with and who will supervise you
SUBMIT THESE DOCUMENTS TO DR. ALANA RAWLINSON AT firstname.lastname@example.org by February 15, 2024 at 5 p.m.
- PHHP students are prioritized
- Acceptance announcements are sent out by UF’s Center for Undergraduate Research in March
- Must attend orientation with the Center for Undergraduate Research in April 2024