The Health Science minor provides foundational knowledge and skills in the changing healthcare delivery system.
The minor is open to all juniors and seniors with majors outside the College of Public Health and Health Professions who meet the prerequisites. It is also open to communication sciences and disorders students.
Prerequisites include junior standing (60+ credits), a 3.0 overall GPA and a 3.0 prerequisite GPA based on general college biology, general psychology, abnormal/developmental/physiological psychology, physiology and statistics (STA 2023). Students can transfer up to three credits of approved coursework.
How to Apply
- Complete sections 1 and 2 of the Apply to Add or Cancel a Minor form available at the Registrar Forms website.
- Contact your current major department to obtain approval and signatures from your major department.
- Email your approved/signed minor application form to Meredith Nappy.
- Once the application is reviewed, we will email it back to you if you are approved for the minor. Allow at least 5-7 business days for processing. May be longer during peak times in a given semester.
- If approved, students are required to submit the minor application form to the UF Registrar’s Office by secure upload https://registrar.ufl.edu/forms. The Registrar’s Office will process and update the minor plan to your academic record.
Complete the first three courses before taking electives.
- HSC 3502 Survey of Diseases and Disability (Fall)
- HSA 3111 U.S. Health Care System (Fall)
- OTH 3416 Pathophysiology (Spring)
Approved Electives (minimum 6 credits required)
- CLP 4134 Introduction to Clinical Child/Pediatric Psychology
- CLP 4314 Introduction to Health Psychology
- CLP 4420 Introduction to Neuropsychology
- HSC 4558 Survey of Diseases and Disabilities 2
- HSC 4600 Psychiatric Disorders
- PHC 3603 Critical Issues in Public Health
- RCS 4451 Rehabilitation Aspects of Substance Abuse
TOTAL CREDITS REQUIRED: 15
Contact your academic program specialist for additional information.