The Bachelor of Public Health is designed for students whose career goal is to work in health systems or organizations providing health related or general human services to individuals and communities.
The BPH limited access program is a two-year, 60-credit curriculum. The curriculum for the BPH provides the opportunity to learn foundation skills necessary to succeed in the dynamic health environment and is designed to provide students with knowledge and skills for both individual and community-based health care. The program provides students the core skills necessary for advanced education in public health or a related field.
All students learn about:
- the five major areas of public health (biostatistics, environmental health services, epidemiology, health services administration, and social and behavioral sciences) and each area’s contribution to public health;
- how social determinants of health impact disability, disease and illness in populations;
- critical aspects of contemporary public health challenges;
- professional communication;
- the scientific basis of public health knowledge.
Supplemental Application Requirement
Transfer applicants must complete the University of Florida Transfer Admissions application as well as the supplemental application on this website. Applicants are required to complete the UF Transfer Admissions application before submitting the supplemental application. The supplemental application will be available in early November and is due February 1, 2022.
- A minimum 3.0 overall GPA,
- A minimum 3.0 prerequisite GPA, with a “C” or better in all prerequisite courses,
- Completed a large majority of prerequisite courses before you apply.
- Complete a University of Florida application
Required prerequisite courses:
- General College Biology BSC2005 or BSC2010
- Statistics STA2023
- Six (6) credits of Social and Behavioral Sciences, including PSY2012 as the state core
- English Composition ENC1101 and ENC1102
- Advanced Professional Writing ENC2210 or ENC3453
|Community and State Colleges||DEP3053||CLP3144||BSC2005/ BSC2010||ENC2210/ENC3453|
|Eastern Florida State College||DEP2004||CLP2140||BSCC1005/BSCC1010||ENC2210|
|Broward College||DEP2004||CLP2140||BSC1005/ BSC2010||ENC2210|
|College of Central Florida||DEP2004||CLP2140||BSC1005/ BSC2010||ENC2210|
|Chipola College||DEP2004||CLP2140||BSC1005/ BSC2010||ENC2210|
|Daytona State College||DEP2004||CLP2140||BSC1005/ BSC1010C||ENC2210|
|Florida State College at Jacksonville||DEP2004||N/A||BSC1005/ BSC2010C||ENC2210|
|Florida Keys Community College||DEP2004||CLP3160||BSC1005/ BSC1010||GEB3213|
|Gulf Coast State College||DEP2004||N/A||BSC1005/ BSC2010||ENC2210|
|Hillsborough Community College||DEP1004||CLP2140||BSC1005/ BSC2010||ENC2210|
|Indian River State College||DEP2004||CLP2140||BSC1005/ BSC2010||ENC2210|